Who We Are
Granite Wealth Strategies was founded in 2010 to continue to provide holistic financial planning, disciplined investment strategies, and proactive personal service. Prior to starting GWS, services were provided under the name of LPL Financial Services. John McEwan, the founder and CEO, began his career in the financial planning industry in 1980.
In 2015, Granite Wealth Strategies became a Carson Group Partner, becoming a member of one of the most dynamic and fastest growing groups in the country. The founder and CEO of Carson Group Partners, Ron Carson, is a prominent leader in the financial planning industry.
Our mission at Granite Wealth Strategies is to make money easy. We take the complex and make it simple because we believe that money doesn’t have to be complicated.
Who We Want
The role of an Operations Associate is to assist team members in preparing paperwork and ensuring every aspect of client accounts are set up accurately and properly maintained. This role will provide on-going service and support to clients that exceeds expectations. This includes determining what actions need to be completed to set up new accounts or perform maintenance on existing client accounts on an accurate and timely basis. Coordination of projects, training, and on-going development of improved office procedures is also required.
What To Expect
- Maintain client information in our records database
- Prepare paperwork to open and/or maintain client accounts to the specifications requested by the Advisor
- Draft, review, or edit client correspondence for Advisors, if needed
- Assist in the preparation of materials for upcoming client meetings
- Conduct and participate in client meetings, face-to-face, to complete required paperwork (as training progresses)
- Become subject matter expert in operational policies and procedures
- Follow the guidelines provided to achieve goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management and stakeholders
- Conduct phone calls with custodians to research potential issues within client accounts
- Assist in developing processes and procedures that enhance accuracy and streamlines processes
- Assist in setting and continually meeting project expectations with team members and management
- Provide cashiering functions
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need
- Knowledge of Financial Advisor office tools (i.e. Orion, SalesForce, etc) preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Access, Excel, and Outlook
- Computer literacy to easily learn new programs
- A natural acumen for numbers
- A genuine interest in the financial services industry
- Desire to provide the highest quality of service
- Strong attention to details
- Planning and organizational skills
- Manage multiple projects with precision
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or similar field of study is preferred
- Previous experience in financial services industry preferred
- Securities license very helpful
- Minimum of two years in a general office environment
In exchange for your expertise, we offer a base salary, bonus potential, health benefits, and a great working environment. This is your chance to play a key role in the continued success of our company. Our culture is fast-paced, motivational and focused on healthy living. Smokers need not apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.